Monday, June 04, 2007

Changing default editor for GreaseMonkey

[Using GreaseMonkey with Visual Studio Web Developer - Orcas Express Edition]
Currently, I am working on GreaseMonkey. I intend to use it as a platform my research on web script anomaly detection. And when we create a new user script, it opens in the dirtiest text editor on earth - the Notepad. And I was wondering on how to change the Default text editor for GreaseMonkey. I wanted to set it to Visual Studio Web Developer Express - Orcas, since it has intellisense for Javascript and that would speed up my job. After searching here and there, I could not find any information on where to change. But I just figured it out on how to change the default editor. Just type "about:config" in firefox address bar to go Firefox preferences. Then, filter for the key "greasemonkey.editor" and change the value to that of the editor you like !!
All set to go.

4 comments:

malena said...

this was very useful Krishna

-Malena

malena said...

this was very useful Krishna

-Malena

sarav said...

that's really helpful

Anonymous said...

thank u